Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Isaac!

Sunday was Isaac's 1st Birthday!  The time has gone by so quickly!  I really, really can't believe it.  It some ways he has changed so much in 1 year and it blows my mind... in other ways it feels like just yesterday I was admitted in the hospital to be induced.

Of course, we celebrated his birthday with a fun party with close friends and family.  We decided to go with the Monster Party theme that I had thought about several months ago.  I had a few websites I found for inspiration (here, here and here).

Here are a few pictures from the day!

I loved his invitations!

I made this sign for the front door (now hanging on his bedroom door).  Definitely not worth the effort (it took a LONG time) but it turned out cute.  We also made a "Happy Birthday Isaac" sign that also took forever but turned out cute as well.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture.  :(

Party favors (included crayons, a stuffed monster and play-doh)

Silly me forgot to take food/decor pictures BEFORE people got here.  Oh, well.  ;)  We catered Rudy's BBQ (not shown) which was a big hit.  I'm now obsessed with chevron fabric.

I loved his cake.  I'm so glad we had one made!

Christine and I made these marshmallow monsters.  Not many were eaten but they looked cute.

Hanging outside in the backyard

The birthday boy with his cupcake!


A big hit at the party was the photobooth!   I got the idea from a friend's blog and had to shamelessly steal!  :)  I think everyone enjoyed the monster mouths!











No comments: