As you know, I went back to work when Isaac was 6 months old. I continued to pump twice a day at work. As work ramped back up in intensity I was having more trouble finding time to pump and it was seriously stressing me out.
To make it worse, Isaac got 4 teeth between 6-7 months and well... we've learned to bite.
So, I made the decision to wean at 8 months. The hardest part was making the decision and getting past my "Mom guilt". Once I really thought about it, I realized I have 2 months of milk in the deep freeze and most of my friends quit between 4-8 months and their kids are happy and healthy. Once I decided to wean, I feel such a sense of relief.
Sooo.... on the to title of this blog. My boobs HURT! I've been weaning for about 2 weeks and I've done what the books say (cut a feeding, then wait a few days). I suppose it's working but it is painful!
Any suggestions to make it less painful and go faster? I've read about freezing cabbage leaves and putting them in your bra until they thaw... but that freaks me out so no thank you. I'm down to 1 pumping/feeding a day but I still feel so full and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Ugh!
Hopefully it will all end soon. I can't wait to wear normal bras, drink wine at dinner, be able to go for a run without feeling like I have cantelopes bouncing around, have my hair stop falling out, have all my shirts fit again and who knows what other small things I took for granted before breastfeeding.
I'm proud to say I breastfed my kid for 8 solid months (with 2 more in the freezer!). But man I can't wait to be DONE!



No comments:
Post a Comment