Well... as luck would have it, less than a week after I posted about how healthy Isaac has been, we are sick! :(
He was fine all weekend, then Tuesday morning (yesterday) when we woke him up he didn't seem right. Sort of flushed and kind of cranky. He's usually happy in the morning. We took his temperature and it was fine (~98).
He went to daycare and shortly after lunch we got a call that his temperature was 101.5. Bryce picked him up and brought him home. He took an extra nap in the afternoon was pretty lethargic all day.
This morning he still had a temp (~102). I called the Pedi and made an appointment for 11:45. I left work at 11 and Bryce and I met at the Pedi to do the "handoff" (I am staying home with him in the afternoon).
The Pedi indicated he didn't have an infection (ear, strep or sinus). She said it was most likely a virus and would take a few days to get over. However, he was setup to get an ear infection because of the congestion so we needed to watch that.
Sooo.... poor little guy. Sick and he just has to wait it out. Whatever virus he got, he acquired it this weekend (or it was building over several days and he got it from daycare).
The Pedi did give me a prescription for an antibiotic in case he doesn't show signs of improvement in a day or so... then it's most likely turned into an ear infection or something. Hopefully we don't have to use it!
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment