Since being back at work for 2 weeks....
...It's no longer hard to drop Isaac off at daycare.
...It's no longer hard to only spend 1-2 hours with him in the evenings.
...It's hard to see him sick.
We had our first real illness this past week. He woke up last Sunday with a fever accompanied by a cough and runny nose and just couldn't shake it all week. I kept calling the Pediatrician everyday and the nurse and I would discuss him symptoms and her advice was to continue to monitor since his fever was not high (101 deg). Finally on Thursday we took him in and he had an ear AND sinus infection. Poor baby.
Luckily, if any week was a good week for this to happen it was this week. Most of Bryce's coworkers were at a conference so he was able to work from home easily without impacting progress on his projects. He stayed home Monday thru Thursday and I stayed home Friday.
We started antibiotics Thursday evening and by Friday the fever was gone and by Saturday we had our happy, smiley, laughing Isaac back. Thank goodness. I couldn't take the lethargic, sad Isaac another day.
On another note, I'm pretty frustrated with the Pediatrician (or nurse, rather). Logically, I can't say that based on his symptoms I blame the nurse for recommending we just monitor him (very low fever). Emotionally, I'm upset that he suffered that long. Thank goodness my Mommy instinct kicked in and we just brought him in. I will probably follow that sooner in the future.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago



1 comment:
It gets easier. After having had two ER visits (one for a stomach bug and another for ear/sinus infections), I KNOW when my baby's sick enough to be at the doctor now. :-) I usually take her in when she's had a fever for a day or two. Most of the time, it's "saline, suction, humidify." Sitting in a steamy shower also helps with congestion and drainage. Done that a lot since we started daycare! Building that immune system. ;-)
Post a Comment