Sometimes when I read other blogs, I scan the list of blogs they read to look for anything interesting. On a friend's page, I came across a blog that looked interesting based on the most recent post title.
I clicked on the link and saw the blogger was writing about her pregnancy with twins. Then I noticed a small icon on the page with picture of a baby and the words : "Baby Cohen 6/7/10 - 6/18/10". I clicked around and realized this was their baby that passed away shortly after birth of congenital heart defects.
The bloggers documentation of the entire pregnancy from diagnosis, birth, surgeries and passing was heart wrenching. It took me several days and many tears to get through all the posts. I would literally cry and cry for them.
I think it impacted me so much for 2 reasons...
1) We had a scan of Isaac's heart at 23 weeks for congenital heart defects. Since I am Type 1 Diabetic, this complication was the highest probability for Isaac.
2) It brought back so many memories of Isaac in the NICU. Of course, his term in the NICU was insignificant compared to Baby Cohen but the photographs of the parents holding his little hands and crying for hours a day reminded me of us with Isaac.
Not exactly a story to brighten your day (sorry)... but I haven't had someone's story impact me this hard for a while. This couple also amazed me at how strong they were through the entire event by their faith in the Lord. I don't know how else they could have gotten through such a tragedy.
If you are interested and would like to read Baby Cohen's story.... here is the link. Warning, tissues needed.
http://www.inthiswonderfullife.com/p/cohens-story_01.html
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment