... I'll let you fill in the blank.
I ran my 3rd post-partum half marathon this past Sunday. It sucked.
I had demonstrated around a 2:00 - 2:01 half marathon time 2 weeks ago during a training run so I was pretty excited and hoping to do well. My plan was to run 9:00 min/mile which would give me some room to hit a 2:00 and hopefully be a little under.
Well......... race morning was awful. 73-ish degrees, 98% humidity and sunny. I was sweating just standing at the start line. I ran my goal pace for the first 6-7 miles, but it went downhill from there when the sun really started shining. I walked about a minute per mile of the last 4 miles. My average pace was over 10 min/mile for the second half. I almost threw up 3 times. Ouch.
I finished in 2:08:31. Yuck.
The next morning (Monday) it was 62 degrees, 50% humidity, cloudy. Suck it mother nature... not funny.
My hopes of another sub-2:00 half marathon will have to wait a little longer.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment