Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mom's Day Out

Yesterday, I had several things I had to take care of outside the house so Bryce was able to come home late morning and work from home so I could take care of them while he watched Isaac.

One of these things was having lunch with my work group.  My boss took the group out for lunch at Maggiano's at the Galleria.  Yum-o!!  Why did I get invited to work lunch when I haven't been at work for 4 1/2 months?... well, it was to celebrate 2010 accomplishments/successes.

It was SO MUCH fun to get to see everyone and have the awnry banter back and forth my coworkers and I always do.  It was kind of weird, but I felt I like I just picked up with them right where I left off.

I didn't worry about Isaac really at all and even caught myself sort of "forgetting" about him.  Well, not really forgetting, but just not thinking about him constantly... you know what I mean....

After the few hours at lunch, I had a few other appointments and things to take care of and got home a little after 4pm.  Such a fun day!  I think it also helped confirm for me that I am excited to go back to work and that it will be good for both Isaac and I.  Day care will be tough at first, but I think the overall benefits of having myself be more well-rounded (mentally) will be positive for both of us in the end.

I was excited to get home and see my little guy again.  Happy to say that he and Dad and a fun day together.  :)

No comments: