Thursday, February 3, 2011

4 Months

I think I start every monthly post with a comment about time flying... this one is no exception.  I can't believe it's been 4 months since our sweet Isaac joined us.

Isaac Updates:
SO much happened this month, I'm sure I'm going to forget a few things.

  • Weight: ~15.5 lbs.  We were supposed to go to the pediatrician this week, but with the "arctic blast" their water pipes froze and we had to reschedule to next week.  Better stats to come.
  • We went from smiling and laughing a little bit to all the time!  I just look and him and smile and he smiles back almost every time.  I can get him to laugh by saying just about anything with a pitch fluctuation in my voice (you can here this in the goofy videos I post of him laughing in the bathtub).  :)
  • I really, really, really want him to be able to sit up by the time he goes to daycare in 2 months (I feel like he will be more engaged that way).  I think we are going to be there.  He can sit up supported on the sides so he doesn't tip over and if I let go he can stay up for a few seconds without falling over.  
  • He is a champ in the jogging stroller.  Bryce pushed him for multiple runs over 10 miles and he just loves it.
  • We had an intense 3 month growth spurt.  The kid was hungry and crying all the time... SO glad to be done with that for a while.  It was exhausting for both of us.
  • Isaac looooooves to "talk" to me.  He babbles and shrieks after I ask him a question.  I'll say "Did you sleep well last night?" and he will say "Ba-ba-ba-bbbbbbbbb-ba... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeep!".  Love it.  :)
  • He loves to grab things and look at them.  Probably TMI (sorry), but when I feed him, he grabs the strap on my nursing tank top and pulls it to him to look at it.  The rings and squish are his favorite toys.
  • He recently started looking at his hands.  He will just lay on the changing table while I change his diaper and just stare at his hands, turning them over in front of him.
  • Bath time is still his favorite.  You put him in the tub and he immediately laughs and laughs and laughs.  We bathe him everyday just because he loves it so much.
  • He is still a sleeping rock star.  Down at 8 pm, up at 7:15 am (we wake him up, I think he would sleep longer if we let him).
  • Naptime continues to be a challenge.  He takes 3 naps a day and they are usually 1 to 1.5 hours long.  Sometimes I'll get lucky and he'll sleep for 2 hours, but not normally.  He still wakes up crying ~45 min into the nap when he changes sleep cycles but usually falls back asleep on his own within a few minutes.
Mommy Updates:
  • Remaining baby weight - 0.  Starting around Christmas, the weight started coming off 1-2 lbs per week.  Once my running picked up to 20+ miles a week, that helped too.  I'm still losing some weight, so it will be interesting to see if I end up lower.  Eating healthy meals at home helps (v. fatty lunches at work during lunch meetings).  Pretty much all my old clothes fit now which is nice to have a bigger wardrobe again.
  • Most folks know by now, but I ran my first half marathon on January 30th!  It was over 10 min slower than my PR, but I ran the entire thing and generally felt pretty good.  I'm running 2 more half marathons before I go back to work which will be fun.
  • I've got some ridiculous biceps.  I've always had string-bean arms... until now.  Hauling a 16 lb kid everywhere helps.
  • Milk continues to be plentiful, thank goodness.  After all the drama in the first 6 weeks, if I had any more trouble I'd probably throw in the towel.  I've got 400-500 oz in the deep freeze in the garage.  That will hopefully continue to grow over the next couple months.
  • Still having bittersweet thoughts about going back to work in 2 months.  I can't wait to get back to work... I miss the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day and I like my job.  I'm sad to think of Isaac going to daycare, but I try to focus on the great 6 months I had with him at home.
As always, here are a few super cute pictures I took on his 4 month "birthday".  Love my little guy!




 Love, love, LOVE this one!  :)

No comments: