Another blogger inspired me to do a "day in the life of"... thanks, Sarah!
7:15 - Alarm goes off. Get up, brush teeth, assemble breast pump stuff, prepare bowl of warm water and grab baby wash cloth.
7:30 - Wake up Isaac. One of my FAVORITE times of the day. He is so cute snuggled up in his crib. We are seriously lucky that he sleeps 11 hours at night (8pm to 7am). I turn on the Today show and feed him in the rocker. Since his tear ducts are still plugged, I have to do warm compresses on his eyes using the warm water and baby wash cloth. After I feed him, I pump.
8:00 - Change diaper and smile at each other. Another one of my favorite times of the day. :) We go into the kitchen where Isaac sits in the bumbo and I do the dishes, put the breastmilk in the freezer and have breakfast (toast and a banana). The bumbo activity lasts only about 25 minutes... Isaac quite clearly tells me he's done with the bumbo. I pick him up and we sit out in the living room and play with toys.
9:00 - I can tell he's getting tired (yawning and getting a little fussy). I take him into his room where he sits in my lap and we rock for 5 minutes until I hear his breathing slow down (sleepy but not quite asleep). I put him in his crib to take a nap.
9:15 - Make coffee, then take a shower and Facebook for a few minutes.
10:00 - Isaac wakes up crying (real shocker, only slept an hour). Some days he's the textbook baby that wakes up during sleep cycle changes, some days not so much. Luckily today was one of those days. I let him cry it out for a few minutes and VOILA! back to sleep.
10:30 - Wake him up. Repeat: feed, warm compress on eyes, pump, diaper change. I watch Today with HODA and Kathie Lee during all of the above. (Embarrassed to say I'm addicted to that show).
11:00 - I was starving so I had lunch while Isaac hung out in the bumbo with me at the table. We then played on the couch a little bit where he laughed up a storm and I actually got it on video! Check it out here... please ignore my goofy voice in the background. :) He doesn't really get going until ~20 seconds into the clip.
After I took this video, he played with his favorite toy (Squish).
Noon - Isaac is getting fussy so I rock him in the glider for about 5 minutes until he relaxes then put him in his crib for a nap. I then started sorting through books to take to Half Price Books. One of my goals for maternity leave was to declutter our storage spaces... the built-in bookshelves in the guest bedroom being one of them.
12:50 -Isaac wakes up from nap (early, again). I let him cry it out again, and by 1pm he's just hanging out in his crib. Not crying, just awake. Crazy kid. I do some research on high chairs and decide on a space saver one (I've been looking for a while).
1:30 - I go get him up. Repeat: feed, warm compress on eyes, pump, diaper change.
2:15 - We get bundled up and head to Babies R Us. We get caught in a traffic accident on I-45 which adds about 10 minutes to our trip. Isaac was so sweet in the store and was cooing/smiling at me the entire time. I really didn't want to go this particular day, but I had a coupon that was expiring, so we had to make the trek.
3:00 - Leave Babies R Us. Isaac falls asleep in the car (uh-oh).
3:20 - Arrive home. I take him out of the carseat and sing to him as we go to his room to take a nap. I lay him down and suddenly he's wide awake screaming (always happens when he falls asleep in the car). I leave the room and for the next ~20 minutes he's screaming. I finally go in and try to rock him. He screams the entire 10 min in the rocking chair. I stand up and walk him around... still screaming. I finally give up on a nap and put him in the swing.
4:00 - I assemble the high chair while Isaac swings.
4:15 - Bryce calls and is headed home (thank goodness!). Isaac starts crying in his swing.
4:30 - Bryce gets home and is handed crying baby. :)
4:45 - Feed, diaper change.
5:15 - We bundle up Isaac and the 3 of us go for a run with the jogging stroller. I had a GREAT run (3.3 miles @ 8:47 pace). woohoo!
6:00 - Take turns showering while the other holds Isaac. (Evening is the time of day when he doesn't want to be put down).
6:30 - Head over to friend's house that lives nearby. We try to do weekly pizza/beer night on Thursday. (I can't have the beer before Isaac goes to bed, but looking forward to the day that I can!) Forgot to mention that we were 2 min from walking out the door and realize Isaac had a blowout. Awesome. Regroup, change diaper, change clothes then leave.
8:00 - Head home, diaper change then feed and put to bed.
8:30 - We relax with glass of wine. Ahh, finally. :)
I'm lucky to have a great kid who doesn't get too fussy (as long as he gets a nap) and allows me to get a few things done during the day. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment