This week was another pretty good week! I can feel Poppy's movements occasionally, usually after a meal. After I eat, when I sit very still, I can feel little bumps in my lower abdomen. It's really neat! I can't wait for the day that Bryce can feel too.
On another note, I'm having a really hard time sleeping. I was a stomach sleeper before and I'm not supposed to sleep on my back, so that only leaves my side. I have broad shoulders and side-sleeping has meant my shoulders/neck/upper back get crunched together which means I wake up in the middle of the night several times uncomfortable, get up in the morning feeling very unrested, and have back aches. Ugh!
A friend gave me some suggestions which I've tried but I always seem to move back to my original position. Hopefully I'll figure something out that works soon. :(



3 comments:
from a fellow stomach-sleeper with a little pregnancy experience... you can totally sleep on your stomach as long as it is comfortable for you. You are NOT going to hurt the baby - it's totally well-protected in there. Enjoy it while it lasts before you get too big. :-)
Girl! I am so a stomach sleeper, and it's only just recently that i can't so much do it anymore. i find it worked best if it was a hybrid of stomach and left side--- with right knee tucked up. try it. you'll sleep great!
other than that- try a pillow between your knees when you are on your left side and pull your right knee up to a 90-degree angle so it is in line with your hip (that's what my Massage Therapist told me).
sweet dreams!
Katie B.
I have an awesome maternity pillow that saved my sleep, you can borrow it if you want if that doesn't seem weird. Sharing pillows for some reason seems a little weird, but we can just wash the cover! Let me know...
Post a Comment